According to the National Center for Health Statistics, more than 31 million Americans sustain injuries that require the care of a doctor each year. Of these cases, over 162,000 are fatalities. In Ohio, personal injuries encompass a wide range of injuries, acquired in a variety of ways, from auto accidents to botched surgeries.
If you or a loved one has been injured as the result of someone else’s negligence, whether it was a car accident or a medical error, you have the option of filing a personal injury claim in Ohio. To receive compensation for your injury, it is important to enlist the aid of a law firm that will defend your rights and make sure that you are fairly represented in court.
Personal Injury Attorneys In Ohio
When you are dealing with a serious personal injury, it is important that you have an attorney on your side whom you can trust. At the Chester Law Group Co. LPA, we have more than 190 years’ worth of combined experience serving people in the community just like you. We understand that every case is unique and that each type of injury requires a different course of action. Our team of personal injury lawyers work with each client individually to ensure they understand their rights and offer advice on how to move forward with a claim successfully.
We our proud to serve people all across the state of Ohio, with 19 Ohio office locations, including our headquarters in Akron. We handle a variety of serious injury claims, including:
- Amputation injuries;
- Burns and scars;
- Broken bones;
- Back and spine injuries;
- Wrongful death cases; and
- Traumatic brain injuries.
If you have suffered from any of these types of injuries or any other injury, our attorneys can help you file a claim and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Using Experts In Your Personal Injury Case
Because we want to ensure that we can build the best possible case for you, our team of attorneys consult with a wide range of external experts. We are in communication with many specialists, including:
- Medical specialists: Personal injuries nearly always require some degree of medical assessment, so we work with doctors to fully understand the extent of your injuries and whether there will be any permanent damage or disabilities. We will also advocate on your behalf to ensure that you are receiving the right tests and treatment.
- Economists: To best understand how your injury will impact you financially now and in the future, we work with economists who can forecast how your injury may impact you financially. Depending on the severity of the injury, you may face the burden of lifelong medical expenses, lost wages, and the inability to return to work. We work with experts to calculate for all of these losses, both current and future.
- Life care planners: If you have a personal injury, you may require in-home care. We work with life care planners who can determine the exact specifications of what you will need to continue living the best life possible in spite of your injury.
Do Not Accept a Settlement Without Speaking With Us First
Insurance companies are notorious for taking advantage of accident victims. Their tactics frequently involve pressuring victims to settle for far less than they deserve. Accepting a settlement before learning of the full extent and impact of personal injuries puts you at risk of losing much needed compensation for the future. Instead of letting the insurance companies push you around, take the right steps after being injured. Seek medical treatment and contact a personal injury attorney that can guide you through the process.
When you have been injured, refrain from speaking with the insurance company until you have legal representation. You can reach our attorneys at the Chester Law Group Co. LPA today by filling out a consultation form online, or by calling our offices to speak to a representative at 800-218-4243.